Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

tips I have learned on my journey in motherhood

Over the next few days I will be posting some helpful tips that I have learned either from others or the hard way by trial and error on my journey in motherhood.

First and foremost I have learned to follow the advice given in scripture that says the husband is to be the head of the house. When I try to lead our family it does not always work out. God has blessed me with a husband who leads and I just need to trust him enough to follow him everytime. This does not mean that I have no imput and can say nothing when I question his leadership abilities. In fact, we do discuss decisions often. He may not always no how to lead in certain situations and that is okay. We spend much time in prayer. Our heavenly Father knows what is right for us. What is right for me is to trust that God knew what He was doing when He placed Don into my life and to trust His command for the husband to be the leader in the family and to joyfully submit to his leadership. When I do this I know that I am in the will of God. It is all a matter of trust. Will you trust that the Lord knows what He is doing?

No comments: