Recently I signed up to be a book reviewer for Thomas Nelson Publishers and chose Redefining Beautiful by Jenna Lucado. Jenna writes about how the world defines beauty as something you see and can make of yourself. She says that God defines beauty as what He sees when He sees you. There are accessories that many people will put on to make themselves more beautiful. She takes the theme of accessories and brings it all back to scripture and calls them life's accessories. Life's accessories for a beautiful person should be:
1. Security- trusting that no matter what, we have a God who loves us.
2. Identity- in knowing who we are and whose we are.
3. Value- knowing we are treasured.
4. Love- knowing God's love for us so we can love others.
5. Self-control- for making good decisions.
6. Peace- in believing God is in control.
7. Joy- in knowing the Source of all joy.
8. Contentment- in who God made you to be.
With these accessories added to our lives we are beautiful to God and do not need society to tell us rather or not we are beautiful. This book is well needed in our society for young girls. I will definitely have my girls read this book when they are old enough. Jenna does a great job at incorporating scripture throughout as well as personal stories and application questions. She knows how to get to the heart of just who defines beautiful. I would give this book a five star rating!