Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Highlander, Dress-up, Adoption, and Sewing

Life around here has been much the same with the exception that I have not written a post in the past week.  My excuse is Highlander.  In the evening, after the children are in bed, my husband and I sit together and watch Highlander on the computer through Netflix.

The children have had some fun playing dress-up and the girls have had fun playing horsey and baby dolls.  I have been thinking much about adoption and how that I can help others while God is working on my heart and it seems impossible for us at the time being.  For now, I am just advocating for Celine.  Will you join me in praying that God will place it on a loving Christian family's heart to adopt her?  The selfish part of me wants someone in our church family to step forward to adopt her since it cannot be my husband and I.  The other part of me just wants her to be in a Christian family where she does not have to spend her life in a mental institution.

The last thing that I have been doing lately has been sewing a peasant top and capri pants with ruffles at the bottom for both of my girls.  When I am done, I will be posting pictures.  I have finally figured out a way to add sewing to my schedule- keep the sewing machine set up and always in my view.  If I have only a few minutes to sew then I sit down and get busy.  This is motivation!  It may take others only a few hours to make this simple outfit for their children, but it takes me days due to many small children and a busy schedule.  At least, I am sewing a little each day.



3 comments:

mosey said...

I love dress up days, looks like they had a great time! CUTE

Mindy said...

I find when I leave my sewing machine out it is easier to keep up on mending. Just zip over, uncover, turn on and fix away. It does look a little bit cluttered in the living room, but I think there is a big difference between DIRTY messy and BUSY messy. I don't mind BUSY messy. :) Love seeing all you do with your kids. What a fun mommy you are!

Leah said...

I found your blog through pattis blog. I just wanted you to know I am doing all I can for Celine! I left a comment in response to your comment on pattis blog post about the interview. I encourage you to check out the blog I have for Celine & Cora Lynne and the fundraising efforts I have been doing for them.