Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Prayer

I have recently been reading Walking With God by J.C. Ryle. It was recommended by a friend and I would highly recommend it to anyone! The chapter I read this morning was so timely as it was about prayer. It was so encouraging to me that I want to quote some of it to you.

"The first act when we have genuine faith will be to speak to God. Prayer is to faith what breath is to life. Just as we cannot live without breathing, so we cannot believe in Christ without praying." pg.32

"For those who do pray. Let nothing at all discourage you. Remember the importance of reverence and humility in prayer. Remember the need of the Holy Spirit's help in prayer. Remember to pray regularly. Remember to persevere in prayer. Be earnest in prayer. Pray with faith. Pray with boldness. Ask God for much. Be specific in prayer. Pray for others. Be thankful in prayer. Be watchful in prayer." pgs. 39-40

No comments: