Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

Sick- Drink Water like it is going out of Style

Today we returned home from a trip and I was feeling terrible (achy body, extreme tiredness, and perpetual runny nose). Since I am nursing I am very limited on what I can take. Plus, what I take affects my milk supply (so I avoid taking anything unless I NEED too). I went right to bed and took a well needed nap and still woke up feeling bad. Then I decided to start FLOODING my body with water like it was going out of style. Surprisingly, it is working! I AM feeling better!

So many times we neglect hydration when we are feeling bad. Hydration is the best thing we can do for ourselves when we are feeling bad. Even if we do not want to drink, we NEED to make ourselves drink and we will be feeling better sooner. This is a lesson that I have had to learn the hard way in the past. I think now that I know this I will be better at practicing it in the future.

No comments: