Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Bagel Making Fun

A few days ago my friend, Celee, posted a recipe for bagels on her blog.  I decided to give it a try today and literally could not stop making them with the many varieties that my brain could think of.    Our children now officially know how to make bagels.  They each got to make a batch on their own.  We made honey whole wheat, honey oatmeal, pumpkin spice (made with butternut squash), multi-grain (white flour, oatmeal, and cornmeal), and cranberry with walnuts.  We also thought of chocolate.  I suggest that you head on over to Celee's blog and find the master recipe and then when you are done go on over to The Fresh Loaf to perfect your skill at bagel making.  I plan on making bagels that are bigger next time.  Who knew that making bagels could be so easy and so fun?  Now all my children have a fantastic skill that they can carry on with them throughout life.  Another plus is that whenever I don't want to cook breakfast in the morning, I can just ask them to make some bagels.  The best of both worlds.  What skill have you been passing on lately?  Please share.  I love new ideas.



Then at the end of the afternoon, you just tucker out.

No comments: