Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cranberry Sauce and Creamy Cranberry Dip

I love this time of year when my favorite fruits and vegetables are on sale (pumpkin, winter squashes, root vegetables, and cranberries). I have been able to stock-up on cranberries lately. Aldi's has been selling them for $0.99 a bag. So, I am sharing 2 recipes that my family has loved.

In a crock pot, add 1-1/2 bags of cranberries, 1/2 cup of orange juice (I squeezed a fresh orange and processed the pulp), 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours (stirring hourly and popping the berries). Finally remove the lid and continue to cook 35-45 more minutes. The delicious fragrance will fill your home.

After you have had your share of cranberry sauce, use the leftovers to make a delectable creamy cranberry dip. Pour the remaining sauce in the crock pot with 1 8oz package of cream cheese and 1-2 cups of grated mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook on low until fully melted (about 1 hour). Cool and enjoy with crackers or fresh fruit (such as apples).

No comments: