Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hcg Numbers, More Recipes, and The Heart of Anger...

Yesterday, I had my hcg numbers checked again, did my weekly grocery shopping, and finished my Christmas shopping. Today, I called and my numbers are now down to 17. I like this:) My prayer is that it will be 0 and stay at 0 soon.

As for recipes tried in my crock pot, I tried an egg casserole with eggs, milk, cheese, onions, peppers, bacon, and potatoes. My family did not like it but still ate it to make me happy. It was not nearly as bad as the french toast. I threw that one away and only asked them all to take one bite. While I was away all day yesterday I made a turkey stew which was delicious. I used turkey broth, onions, red peppers, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, cooked and diced turkey, black beans, and corn. Most of the children ate it happily and said that it was a make again. I made more cranberry sauce because Aldi's still has cranberries for 99 cents a bag. I canned this sauce. The final recipe that I have tried recently is granola. It is worth making in the crock pot. I used 5 cups rolled oats, 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 honey, 1/4 dried fruit, 2 tablespoons flax seed, 1/4 cup coconut, 1/4 cup sunflower seed, and 1/4 cup pumpkin seed and cooked it (vented and stirred frequently) on high for 2 1/2 - 3 hours. I also have discovered that if you mix butternut squash, sweet potato, and pumpkin (you don't have to add this one if you don't have a fresh pie pumpkin) together with a little water and cover and cook on low till mushy it is great to add to muffins, soups, chilies, and to make a pumpkin pie (it is squash anyway and you can not tell a difference).

The final thing that I have been doing is reading The Heart of Anger and feeling very convicted. In fact, I called a friend and spoke to her about it and she encouraged me to confess my sins and to continue to work through the book and to work through a Bible study that is put out through Sovereign Grace Ministries and is free. The study talks about sanctification and is called How Can I Change. I plan on posting 25 reasons parents provoke their children to anger very soon.

No comments: