Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

The Bible Podcast

The Bible Podcast, I have linked in my side bar, is a great way to read through difficult sections of the Bible.  If you ever get to a certain spot in your Bible reading and you feel as if you are walking through swamp land and moving at a snail's pace while losing motivation to continue in your commitment to faithfully reading all the way through the Bible, listen and follow allow with someone else reading the Bible.  At the start of the year I had decided to read through the entire Bible in 90 days and write posts about summaries of each book as I finished reading each them.  However, as time past, I came upon certain  sections in Joshua that I was just having a hard time wading through and was losing motivation  due to the many names that I was unable to pronounce and the repetition until I came upon The Bible Podcast.  I love it!  It got me over my hump and renewed my excitement as I was able to listen to the entire book of Judges yesterday and today.  While listening, I was reading along in my own Bible and encouraged to keep going.  I also learned how to pronounce certain difficult names.  So, I write this post to encourage others to persevere and give The Bible Podcast a try.

I have also been wanting to share this hymn written by Julia H. Johnston

Marvelous grace of our loving Lord, grace that exceeds our sin and our guilt, yonder on Calvary's mount outpoured, there where the blood of the Lamb was spilt.  Sin and despair, like the sea waves cold, threaten the soul with infinite loss; grace that is greater, yes, grace untold, points to the refuge, the mighty cross.  Dark is the stain that we cannot hide- what can avail to wash it away?  Look!  there is flowing a crimson tide; whiter than snow you may be today.  Marvelous, infinite, matchless grace, Freely bestowed on all who believe!  You that are longing to see His face, Will you this moment His grace receive?  Grace, grace, God's grace, grace that will pardon and cleanse within!  Grace, grace, God's grace, Grace that is greater than all our sin!

No comments: