Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Freezer Cooking Menu Plan

I know this is a little late considering it is already the 8th of the month.  This is our menu plan for February.  I borrowed a lot of the menu plan from www.lifeasmom.com because I had most of the items already in my freezer from sales that I had stocked up on.  I have been eating these meals in now particular order.  It is best for me to just have a list of about 28-30 dishes to chose from.  The only thing that I do consistantly is serve some kind of sandwich meal on Wednesday's because we have prayer meeting and I want to keep clean up as simple as possible.  It works!  Also, for breakfast we usually have hot cereal (grits, steel-cut oat, rice, and mixed grains) cooked overnight in the crock pot and grapes or bananas.  For lunch, I serve leftovers from the previous night's meal.  Here is my plan:


  1. Chicken taco salad
  2. Jambalaya, spinach salad, biscuits
  3. Beans and rice, sweet potato muffins
  4. Grilled cheese and kielbasa with onion sandwiches
  5. Chicken or pork chimichangas, banana nut muffins, 
  6. Pasta with red sauce, salad, focaccia
  7. Chili and cornbread
  8. Asian noodle salad (from Pioneer Woman), dinner rolls
  9. Paella with shrimp and chicken, salad
  10. Chicken Gyros and coleslaw
  11. Beans and rice, cornbread
  12. Pork chops with potatoes, carrots, green beans
  13. Beef chimichangas, brown sugar muffins, oven roasted potatoes
  14. chicken parmesan, pasta, broccoli, and dinner rolls
  15. Carnitas soft tacos, coleslaw or mexican rice
  16. baked chicken, rice pilaf, salad, and cornbread
  17. Taco bake, focaccia
  18. Beans and rice, salad, biscuits
  19. Peanut butter chicken, green beans, pineapple, and dinner rolls
  20. Barbeque sandwiches made with pork from carnitas, homemade buns, carrots
  21. Pasta with red sauce, salad, and rolls
  22. Beef gyros, rice pilaf, mixed fruit
  23. Chicken tacos with beans, corn
  24. Chicken chili and cornbread
  25. Macaroni and cheese with bacon, green salad, blueberry muffins
  26. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, carrots, and dinner rolls
  27. Chicken burgers with homemade buns, red potato salad
  28. Chicken salad sandwiches and grapes
Snacks:

  1. Blueberry muffins
  2. Sweet potato muffins
  3. applesauce muffins
  4. Peanut butter and jam muffins
  5. Brown sugar muffins
  6. Cranberry muffins
  7. Pumpkin muffins
  8. Peanut butter balls
  9. Pumpkin, butternut squash, and sweet potato pie
  10. Blueberry bread pudding
  11. Nutty granola
  12. Chocolate chip cookies
  13. Trail mix cookies.
All bread that is included in this menu plan is homemade.  I will share a few recipes throughout the week.  It would be wonderful to see your menu plan, too.  I always love to read others and to try new recipes.  I also plan on sharing my journey to becoming frugal and the books that influenced me the most.

No comments: