Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursdays: From Scratch


This week I took on a challenge from Sarah over at http://8-muddyboots.blogspot.com/ to make as many things from scratch as I am able and then post about my progress every Thursday.  For the first time ever this week I made homemade whole wheat hamburger buns.  My family liked them so much that I made them 3 times this week.  I also made whole wheat buttery pan rolls (with the little bit of butter I had left), whole wheat tortillas, and navy bean and ham soup.  My sewing machine was also brought out this week.  I decided that it would be a fun thing to make aprons for all of my children.  The only apron that I was able to finish this week was for my oldest daughter.  I used material that I had left over from the curtains that I made for the girls room several years ago.  I am still planning on stitching on her name.  This is my favorite material.   Lastly, I am learning how to patch jeans.


5 comments:

Sarah said...

great! It sounds like you had a very productive week! I love the apron! Very cute! I had a great week with this too!

Thanks for linking up! :)

Genesa said...

Those aprons are adorable!

Gretchen and John said...

Yes, adorable apron!

Leah said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! It's so nice to meet new people!

It sounds like you've had a successful week of making things from scratch! Your whole wheat rolls sound delicious and your daughter's apron is adorable. I love making bread and sewing.

I look forward to stopping in often and getting to know you better. :)

Anonymous said...

It's so rewarding, isn't it? I love being resourceful and frugal. challenging and absolutely necessary at our house. Keep up the great work! Your husband will rise up and call you blessed, his heart will safely trust in you, and he will have no need of spoil. (Proverbs 31)