Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pictures From The High Peaks

Yesterday my husband and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary by loading all 5 kids in the van and driving up to the high peaks.  While we were there we toured an ice castle in Saranac Lake, drove over to Whiteface Mountain, drove over to Gore Mountain, and went to see a few of the places that the Olympians train (such as the ski jump).  For lunch we had bologna sandwiches and chips (my suggestion).  It was such  an enjoyable day as normally Monday's are our shopping day in the city.  We decided to forgo our weekly shopping trip so that we could take a ride all through the Adirondacks.  The last time we did this was about 3 years ago, so this was a TRUE treat!  It reminds us of the beauty of where we live!  So, here a few of the pictures.  I will post all the pictures on my facebook account if you care to see them all.  Just add me as your friend and you can then view them.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

What an awesome vacation. It is amazing that those wonderful sites are so close to your home.

Thanks for the prayers for my health, I am so thankful for the Lord upholding me through the saints.

Thanks for the idea about the inventory. Great idea! My daughter made one and posted it on the fridge, but you're so right. It needs to go in the binder.

Anonymous said...

Very neat...makes me wish our current "Duty Station" was not Nowhere, Arkansas :)

Looks like you guys had lots of fun!

I was sorry to hear your races got cancelled...hard to believe with all the SNOW everywhere else! Oh well, there's always next year!

mosey said...

What a beautiful place, I love that ice castle!