Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

What Determines A Successful Mom?

Just yesterday my husband was asked the question, "what does a successful pastor look like?"  He gave a very thoughtful and Biblical answer.  It got me to thinking, "what does a successful mom look like?"  I have a few thoughts that I would like to share with you on this topic, but first I am going to Saranac Lake and Lake Placid to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary with my husband and our children.  We are going to the ice castle and to hopefully tour the Olympic training center.  I would first like to hear my readers response.  I will write on this topic soon.

5 comments:

thechattymommy said...

I love your blog! I guess a mom's success could be guaged on the way her children are.
One mom wrote on a blog that her kids do not complain because she does not complain. That one put me in check!

thechattymommy said...

I love your blog. The success of a mom can be determined by the way her kids are?

Anonymous said...

A Successful Mom --> for my opinion is our kids grow up and be nice. Congrats!

Standinginhislight said...

We can nurture our children while they are small, guide them through their teen years, and be their mentor as adults... but a mom should not gauge her success by how successful her children are. Children will make mistakes, and it is not fair to expect perfection, on ourselves as much as them, imho...

A successful mom learns
to embrace the small moments with awe,
to face challenges w/ patience,
to pace her daily chores w/ joy,
and to lace God's Word into the heart of the home.
~Sheri

mosey said...

I think one of the top ways you can determine a successful mom is by what type of wife she is. Does she build her husband up in front of her children or does she tear down? Does she speak respectfully to her husband at all times? Those things will train her children how they will treat their future spouses, but also how they view the leader of their home.

Also, she is a woman who puts the Lord above all else and sets that example on a day to day basis for her children, being humble in their presence and teaching them grace.